Please find below some new and updated protocols we would recommend in the interest of social distancing and the prevention of COVID-19 regarding your upcoming appointment.
Please do not arrive early for your appointment – please arrive as close to the time of your appointment as possible. If you arrive early, please wait outside until your appointment time.
We cannot accept cancellations at short notice; given each appointment will be for an extended time. Cancellations will only be accepted in the event of a COVID symptoms.
If you, or anybody in your household develops flu-like/cold symptoms, please call us to cancel your appointment, and we will happily rebook you when you’re well again.
Please bring a list of your current medications with you to the appointment
Please arrange your parking as the appointment may take longer than normal. You may be here longer than an hour
Please wear a mask into the surgery, which we will ask you to remove once you’re seated in the surgery
We ask all patients to brush their teeth before attending
The toilet will be closed to all patients to avoid unnecessary contamination
9. There will be forms to update and sign upon arrival, please bring glasses etc. as necessary
10. Please sanitise your hands using the unit at the bottom of the stairs upon arrival
11. Please do not bring any other individual to the appointment unless the patient is a minor, carer, or translator.
12. You will be directed straight into a surgery upon your arrival, which is why it’s important not to arrive early as the surgery may not be ready
13. Your appointment will be for the treatment that was discussed by the dentist and not for any other problem.
14. After your appointment, please sanitise your hands again before you leave
15. We would advise showering as soon as you return home